Low-Carb Twinkies #1
Dense cake texture. Not sponge cake.
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener, granulated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Swerve, confectioner's
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix butter, sweetener, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Grease Twinkie pan. Spoon batter into the pan.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and fill with cream filling.
These were denser than the sponge cake consistency of traditional Twinkies.
See Low-Carb Ingredients.